Monday, June 28, 2010

Mother

Oh my... I love my Mom, but sometimes there's just too much of her around. She's very friendly, active, communicative, even talkative, always trying to organise everyone and everything... I'm of a totally different breed. I need to be alone at least for an hour a day, just to settle down all my thoughts and feelings. I love walking around the town... alone. And with the prospect of hospital towering over me (closer, sooner, inevitable...), no wonder I've been quite moody lately. Sorry, Mom, it's not your fault, it's me... or you being a helicopter parent? Or both of us...

To the point.
My relationship with food has been strange lately. I didn't count calories and I even stopped writing down what I eat two days ago. That's not right, but I just can't make myself do it. I simply estimate the amount of calories... and eat.

It's too hot to go cycling, so I just run (15-20 min) and walk (45-40 min) on the treadmill and swim (15-20 min). I gave up yoga because I have to admit it - I don't like it. It's boring and implies too much philosophical background. Nevertheless I'm going to try pilates when I'm back home from hospital. Also I do exercises at home whenever possible: push-ups, crunches, etc. I think (and hope) it's a nice little compromise between me wanting my weight down and doctor's prescriptions and rules.

I'm strong. I'll get what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment